Method In Focus Series – Featuring Rose
Date: Saturday 2nd October (Long weekend), Saturday 16th October
Time: (Pick up 5.45 and 6.15pm at a central Mudgee township location. Returns commence from 8.15pm)
Venue: Lazy Oak Wines Cellar Door – 59 Sills Lane, Eurunderee
Transfers: Bus transfers included so no need to worry about who is driving
Rose is not defined by grape varietal, but rather by the method. French for pink, what is a Rose wine? How is a Rose made? Essentially a white wine made from red wine grapes – but its pink. Grape variety does matter and this class will showcase how the choice of grape varietal influences the great range of rose on offer.
Join us in this class to enjoy 6 different varietals of Rose, all made with different grapes and slightly varying methods, showcasing pet nat, sparkling, sweet and dry styles and of course Provence. There really is a Rose for everyone. We will use local where it permits and bring in regional or international where it suits the varietal to do so.
- Knowledge and memories that will stay with you for a lifetime
- 6 Rose wine samples
- Perfectly paired, seasonal share boards (for 2 people)
- A fun 1.5 hour learning experience in a relaxed environment
- Intimate group experience (Numbers are limited to 20 people or less)
- Mudgee Wine School tasting glass to take home or on tour
- Cheat sheets and course notes
Course will run subject to meeting minimum course participants.
($10 of the ticket price will be donated back to the Pink it Up Mudgee)